While I have never been a fan of the "metrosexual men" genre of films..especially bollywood variety..there is one particular "metrosexual gentleman" who I am pretty vitriolic about. Mr Abhishek Bacchan. And the hate that I feel for him goes beyond the fact that he is married to the plastic smile gal . It goes beyond his bad acting.his stupid "romantic" antics..his goody goody image and his awesomely badly executed "cuteness"(if you are cute at 40 ..then either u have a hormonal imbalance or serious sexuality issues). The real reason for my true hatred stems from a multiple set of reasons.. First- He is the epitome of the fact that instead of "aap" its the "baap" factor which actually works at ground level India. That he is the son of big b is not so much an issue as the fact that he has no other claim to fame than that. His entire existance revolves around his dad which I feel is more of dependence than standing up to his own ...
I prefer solitary treks. I prefer walking alone. That being said I prefer company of likeminded people who do understand that. The hampta-pass trek kind of underlines the fact that no matter how weird you are..there are likeminded weirdos. Starting on a tuesday afternoon where I had to run from office (changing from formals to trek pants and seeing the look on the secretary's face was well an enlightening expierance). That and the worn out backpack in place of the breifcase and trek boots in place of the shiny formals to complete the look...Maannnnn I am expecting some puzzled looks back at office on this tuesday! Metro ride to Civil lines and rendezvous at the corny sounding 'Majnu ka tila'(fucckkk..who keeps a name like that??). Majnu was a legend and here was a 'tila' named after him. Woww!! Its like naming a drain after Ghalib..Ghalib ka naala!! So much for naming hot spots. Pankazzz was waiting along with Gear-ish and a host of eager faces. We board the volv...
As always the seed for this thought arises from many "well meaning" suggestions regarding my marriage. One of my juniors(actually elder by age ..and yes happily married) said to me "sir, I have seen that u dont compromise..thats so detrimental to u finding a bride..u have to compromise in marriage". Fine. Cool.Point taken. So before a decision is taken I have to be in compromise mode ? The issue got me thinking about this almost pathological mode of "compromise" we Indians live in. Yes ..we are always ready for "compromise"! We are always ready with our "truce proposals". And the best part is that we are never demanding and we feel happy about it. We feel so proud of this ability that we flaunt it to the world. The flip side is that we never demand wat we want..we demand a compromise. And we do get results as expected. We never demand good quality roads..we demand a compromise with potholes. We never demand a good quality governance..we...
Comments