1. an almost religious liking for hearing only 'good news'
2. Knee -jerk and dumbass reactions to perfectly sane happenings
3. Too much of circular logic to justify anything as long as it suits the offender
4. A psuedo piety and sense of culture which stands guards against any innovative idea
5. A craze for 'nice' people
6. A pathological fear of facing the truth
7. Selection of candidature based on what is said rather than what is done.
A productive society will on the other hand have :
1. an almost single minded devotion to improving the quality of life
2. A desire to hear the reality and take corrective actions.
3. A fundamental belief in the truth of 'crime=punishment' and vice versa.
4. Selection of candidature based on meritocracy.
I have made a simple graph of the same . It looks fairly simple as to where we stand :)