Sunday, June 1, 2008

What did i do the entire year

While i strictly do not agree with self help groups that one should learn a new thing every day..I believe that learning new things are one of the most exciting things that u can do to urselves . Infact one thing leads to another and one might find that one learns something with a motive and finally it helps him/her in some other way..In some cases one might never "use" the thing he has learnt .
But its exciting never the less. The day we stop being excited ..rather let me be more specific..The day I stop being excited..about anything..I think life will appear as a burden to me.

It will be one year since I joined IIT ...What did i do with this one year..What did I learn, Hmmm let me list out a few things..

1. I got my maths funda cleared.
2. I learnt about wonderfull new things like Fuzzy Logic , Reliablilty, Genetic Algorithms, Classical Indian Astronomy..I learnt a few nuances of anatomical sketching...I improved my skills at MATLAB.
3. I participated along with a freind in Mood I(IIT fest) painting competetion.
4. I learnt how to operate a small telescope...and even photograph a night sky.
5. I trekked to a fort for 2 days with a group and enjoyed every bit of it.
6. I learnt how to make Vegetable Stew (kerala style), rice kheer, Chicken Masala ..and of course things like ommelette, upma and yeah Khichdi..not to forget Fish curry and fish fry. theorically I can make prawn malabar curry too..but that another story..

7. I learnt Visual Basic and made a small project on it from scratch.

8. I finally tried doing Oils and made peace with Canvas ...after years of avoiding it.
9. I started a blog
10. I bought a house.
11. I had a great time with my freinds ...
12....But the thing i am proudest of is the fact that I did not let a personal tragedy bog me down or prevent me from doing any of the above things.

Now as I enter my second year in IIT what do i want to do...

1. Improve on my swimming timings(they are pathetic )
2. Get my project on fast track
3. Learn C++ and be proficient in the language..
4. Improve on my pencil sketchin abilities(Patience ..patience..thats all i need)
5. Concentrate on stamina building ..
...

and learn new things wherever ..whenever I can....Things like " Child birth gives a higher "kick" to female mice than cocaine"(My doc friend disagrees ..but i read that in a medical journal)...

Whats life without a bit of irrationality ..say wat?

No comments: